Monday, January 28, 2008

Everyone else has one, I don't wanna be left out.

As pretty much everyone on boards has a blog going, some updated more frequently than others, I thought it was about time I jumped on the blogging bandwagon. Hopefully I'll stick at it and it won't be a half assed afair with two posts and then a quick death, I'm not going to promise a daily update but i'll try to keep it frequent enough without boring people to death. Poker won't be the sole focus of this blog, to be honest at the moment I don't really know what willl make up the content or why I'm doing it but I am. It's more than likely going to descend into a giant ramble like this already has, so if thats what your into check back.

So onto poker, and bits of life stuff.

I'm now officially a college dropout and unemployed, living the dream. The plan for the moment is to get a part time job somewhere to have a bit of consistent income to save for the Summer. This will also hopefully mean i won't have to keep withdrawing from my BR, something which i've been doing a lot recently and is making it impossible to move up levels.

On the poker front I haven't been playing live much at all recently due to the fact that I'm pretty busto apart from my online roll. A measure of this is my last live outing was for the twenty f/o in Jackpot, which I played for free because i was dealing. Over the next few weeks I'm gonna attempt to build a bit of a live roll by playing some of the smaller buy in tourneys around town. I haven't played live cash - barring one very drunken session - since before the last cash league in Jackpot where i dropped about a K in a few days, which I couldn't afford to lose really. I've since realised that even though the games are ridiculously soft, you need some cash behind you to be able to play comfortably.

Online i'm concentrating only on PLO, I've been kind of dabbling with it over the past few months but i haven't played a hand of cash holdem in as long as i can remember. It's been going well so far, and i should have moved up to .25-.50 but for withdrawals for life rake. So right now my BR is circa $700 and I'm 6 tabling .10-.20, which is helping me climb the ladder for the GJP cash race.

Don't have too much else to say at the moment, but I'll try and post a few times over the next few days to get me in the habit of it, with a few HH's and other stuff.

Gl, Ed, max_power.

No comments: